Temporary Motorhome Insurance
You’ll find that most motorhome insurance policies will offer you year-long cover and that can be ideal for many drivers. However, if you’ve found yourself in a situation where you need to be able to drive for a only a short period of time, temporary motorhome insurance can be a cheaper and easier option for you.
Temporary motorhome insurance is well-suited to those who drive infrequently or those who need to be able to drive another motorhome for a short time. With this type of cover, you will:
- Be covered to drive a motorhome from 1 - 28 days.
- Need to be aged 21-75 (in most areas).
- Be able to get insurance on cars, vans, motorhomes, and classic cars.
- Be able to add a temporary driver to your vehicle without affecting the annual policy or NCD.
- Have the option to acquire breakdown cover and European cover.
- Hold a current, valid, full UK, EU/EEA, Australian or New Zealand driving licence, and have done so for at least 12 months.
- Be aged 25 years or over.
- Have had no motoring offence involving alcohol or drugs, careless, dangerous or reckless driving or taking a vehicle without consent in the last 3 years. This includes all convictions with the Conviction Offence Code prefixes DR, CD, DD, UT or IN.
- Have had no disqualifications in the last 3 years.
- Have had no more than 2 fault claims in any 3 year period.
- Have no more than 8 penalty points.
- Have not been convicted within the last 5 years of any offence relating to fraud, robbery, theft or handling stolen goods including any pending prosecution or police enquiry.
- Only use the car for social, domestic, and pleasure purposes or business use by the policyholder excluding the carriage of passengers or goods for hire or reward.
The vehicle must:
- Be registered in Great Britain, Northern Ireland or the Isle of Man.
- Have a current market value of less than £50,000.
- Be 3000cc or under.
- Not be over 3.5 Tonnes GVW.
- Not have been manufactured in the U.S.
- Not be used for the carriage of goods or passengers for hire or reward (including Taxicabs, Private Hire, and Public Hire).
- Not be used to carry hazardous goods (standard gas container allowed for recreational use).
- Not be main place of residence, but must have at least one bedd of 6 feet in length. There must be wardrobe cupboards.
- Have seating for diners at a table.
- Not be used or driven at any hazardous location.
- Vehicles fitted with manufacturer specified optional extras, fitted at the time of manufacture, are acceptable.
- Vehicles modified to cater for a disabled driver or passenger are acceptable.
- LPG conversions are acceptable.
- Motorhomes hired or rented are acceptable.
Above are only a small section of the conditions for purchasing dayinsure.com short term insurance. These conditions are liable to change. Please read the full Terms & Conditions document available during the quotation and purchase process.